1919 On June 6 Cardinal Dougherty officially established the new parish of St. Bartholomew. He appointed Rev. Joseph J. Scanlon to be the founding pastor. The pastor resided at 5703 Torresdale Avenue.
1921 On September 8 the doors St. Bartholomew School opened in the basement facility with 140 students. A temporary parish convent was located at 4523 VanKirk Street.
1925 The rectory was the first permanent parish building.
1926 The cornerstone of the convent was blessed. On Sunday, July 18, dedication of the new school took place. When it re-opened in September, enrollment had grown to 512 students in first to eighth grades. There was also a business education school, which remained open until 1940.
1930 In September classrooms were ready. The basement chapel opened Christmas Day. Fr. Scanlon was reassigned and Rev. Charles McCarron became pastor.
1956 Parishioners were invited to see inside the new church.
On December 9, John Cardinal O’Hara, Archbishop of Philadelphia came to preside over the Solemn Mass of Dedication.